I love a good challenge. Growing up I never made it to the triple dog moment of any dare. Usually a few seconds after the”double dare” has been issued, I was sprinting off to tackle some innocent young boy to the ground all because my sister said “I bet you won’t do it!” As an adult I continue to live by a similar mantra. All this leads to my latest adventure…
Go back with me please, to a cold and cloudy Columbus day in the winter. I walked into my favorite juice bar to pick up a few bottles of that yummy stuff when I suddenly found myself agreeing to a challenge. A juice challenge. Say what, say huh?! Yes dear ones, the owner of sambaFRESH, Kitt Doss, wanted to know if I would juice up! This meant putting the carbs, bad fats, thick succulent juicy pieces of meat, and tall glasses of wine away and commit to a juice cleanse. And not for just one day. Two days wasn’t really what he was thinking of either. This man CHALLENGED ME to a 3 day juice cleanse, with pre and post cleanse duties.
There was only one response that could be uttered. Challenge accepted.
I, along with a group of brave (and very cute) local bloggers met up in March at sambaFRESH to form the first set of victims – I mean recipients – of the 614 Bloggers Juice Cleanse. Allow me to share some things I’ve learned through this entire cleanse process.
- Juice can and will fill you up when properly spaced out throughout the day.
- I drank one bottle every 2.5-3 hours.
- Schedule when you’re going to drink your juice so you finish it all.
- Never ever leave home without juice. Especially if you’re going to meet up with people.
- Plan for bathroom breaks if travelling- because there will be many.
- Freezer Packs are your friend now.
- Drink lots of water. Then go drink some more.
- Herbal tea is your new coffee and in-between drink.
- Mind over matter is a very real thing.
- Cleansing is as much for the body as it is for the mind.
Now, to know me is to understand the love affair I have with food. The thought of primarily drinking juice for 7 days was frightening, and I had doubts I would make it to the finish line without a side piece of something! I kept waiting for the moment I would feel like breaking down. It never came. I meet up with friends, went to various events, and not once did I feel like indulging. I would take a sip of that sweet nectar, and all was right with me! Prepping was a cinch too! It was as simple as selecting the number of bottles I needed for the time frame I’d be away, putting my freezer packs in the lunch bag with the juice and walking out the door.
My Results: I immediately noticed a change in my energy levels. I began to wake up feeling refreshed and ready to take over the world! This was quite a different experience than my usual “hit snooze 4 times, drag myself around the house an additional 20 minutes” routine. The ultimate added bonus – I lost 7 pounds! My friends, this quite possibly is the best challenge I’ve ever accepted. I loved my customized cleanse program!
Now that my cleanse is over I’ve noticed a new addiction – yikes, right?! I can’t seem to stop eating fruits and vegetables! In fact, it’s been a couple of weeks since I’ve even had meat. IKR – who the heck am I?! Seems as though the cleanse helped me kick a few bad habits and eliminate carb and sugar cravings. I tell ya – cleansing seems to be the gift that keeps on giving.
Are you thinking of cleansing? I for one, think it’s an awesome idea. Here are a few personal tips:
- Pre and post cleanse planning are essential. Weaning off your regular eating regime will help you mentally prepare for the next few juice only days.
- Buy an assortment of herbal tea selections to take while cleansing.
- Stay positive and motivated to get to your goal.
- Let sambaFRESH customize a plan and help you along the way.
Stop by sambaFRESH and treat yoself!