Warm weather is here (finally!!) which brings the arrival of outdoor festivals, concerts, and old school cars cruising the streets! There is a ridiculous amount of fantastic activities happening around the city and it has my head spinning! My days are stacked up tight and the influx of festivals, concerts, and general shenanigans has me searching for Spanx to put around my calendar so I can squeeze just a little bit more in.
One event happening in June that has caught my eye is the Creekside Blues & Jazz Festival (CBJF), located in Gahanna. Overflowing with local music artists, CBJF is delivering a hardcore agenda, giving many large festivals a run for their money.
Here’s a quick list of happenings at CBJF this year that will have you bookmarking Gahanna in Google Maps for the weekend of June 19th.
- Hospitality Center – Picture this. Air conditioned restrooms, snacks, and H20 whenever you want while listening to saxy tunes from the Electric Blues Stage. Not to mention a shuttle service to and from your car. Oh, and let me not forget the reserved seating. I know what your thinking – “Sign me up for the VIP Package please!”
- 4 Stages Of Funk – While other festivals might pack in more stages, the 90+ hours of jazz, rhythm, funk, and bass echoing through the streets will line us up for the electric slide all weekend long.
- Local Libations – Get ready to wet your whistle with the new craft beer tastings on Saturday along with drinks from Watershed, Pigskin Brewery and Wyandotte Winery . WAIT! There’s more – The Bourbon Bar! #nufsaid
- Get In How You Fit In – CBJF understands admission prices might be difficult for some and offers the following: Free Admission on Sunday, June 21, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 pm, with the donation of one non-expired, non-perishable food item (per person). Donations to benefit Mid-Ohio Food Bank.
- For just $13, you can get access to the festival all weekend! That’s 3 days of talented artists swooning their way into your heart. The wristbands are only available in advance, giving us all plenty of incentive to buy today!
CBJF is sharing their musical love with 60 random fans who socially declare their love of all things jazzrific via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram by using the custom hashtag #2015CBJF! BONUS! I will be giving away 2 wristbands to the event this weekend! Watch out for the announcement on Instagram!
Until next time, support local music!